1st Lady Bay Scout Headquarters Lettings Policy
The 1st Lady Bay Scout Headquarters is a purpose-built facility in the heart of the Lady Bay community and is home to thriving Beaver, Cub and Scout groups. This page confirms the Hall Hire Terms and Conditions and must be accepted for a booking. If anything is unclear, please contact us for more information before requesting a booking.
The hall is reserved for use by the three sections of the group in the early evenings on at least two days of the week but at other times is available for hire for occasional or regular bookings by private individuals for birthday parties and other events; community groups; clubs; social and leisure organisations; and commercial organisations for the purposes of meetings/training etc.
1st Lady Bay Scout Group (LBSG) welcomes users of its premises and facilities, both in helping with the costs of upkeep of the building and as a practical way of supporting local community.
Hall and facilities
The building’s facilities can be hired between 8am and 10pm and include;
- Large hall (maximum capacity 60 seated, or up to 100 standing only) with air conditioning
- Width 6.925m (22’8”) x approx Length 14.95m (49’0”= 16 yards 1ft)
- Height – the main hall ceiling rises from 250cm (8’2”) to approximately 480cm (15’9””)
- Door width into the main hall is 154cm (5’0”)
- Additional smaller meeting (quiet) room
- Modern kitchen with appliances and small items – crockery, cutlery etc
- Toilets and separate disabled facilities
- Baby changing facility
- GoPak style lightweight tables and benches
- Stacking chairs
- Access to External bike rack
- Small External Garden/Paved area e.g. for BBQ
- First aid box
NB. There are no car parking facilities on site – Please use alternative transport
These Conditions, together with the Booking Form completed by you, form the agreement regarding dates and times of bookings, and apply from the first date shown until a new agreement re-submitted following the biannual hall users’ meetings, where amendments to this policy may be agreed.
In consideration of the provision of hire, you agree;
- To pay the LBSG, the agreed appropriate rate of hire for the booked period (including any time needed to set up or put away in addition to the activity time) within 21 days of the invoice date.
- To pay for any use of the premises (including setting up / clearing away) beyond the booked period, (minimum extra charge 1 hour).
Decision to let to hirers
Hirers must provide information about planned activities within the hall at the time of booking as laid out in the booking form. The Executive Committee of the LBSG may request further information to assess the suitability and safety of the Hall and users, as well as in consideration for the local neighbours/community.
At the time of booking hirers must have accepted the terms and conditions for hire as laid out in this lettings policy.
The premises will not be hired to any individual, group or organisation that does not subscribe and adhere to the LBSG’s commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities. The LBSG reserves the right to refuse a booking.
When hirers are using the premises, the LBSG expressly forbids:
- Any illegal activity
- Its use for political campaigning or the promotion of extremism
- Drug taking
- The sale of alcohol
- The use of any electrical equipment that is not in safe, good working order
- Bringing animals or birds on to the premises without express permission of the LBSG, except for assistance animals. No animals are allowed in the kitchen at any time.
- Naked flames within the building
As a hall hirer you must ensure that you:
- Are over the age of 18
- Ensure the maximum number of people using the hall does not exceed the premises’ maximum
- Use the premises only for the purpose described at the time of booking.
- Are the responsible person for, and supervise the, activities on the premises for the duration of the letting.
- Respect our neighbours by keeping noise to a minimum, especially after 9.30pm when vacating the premises, and by parking with due care and attention.
- Adhere to the conditions of booking and ensure the safety of those using the premises and of the premises and equipment under your care. You are responsible for complying with health and safety, fire, security and safeguarding requirements/regulations, ensuring appropriate risk assessments, understanding and insurance cover are in place.
- Agree to record any accidents in the incident log book within the First Aid kit
- Agree to cooperate with any required incident investigation as a result of your occupancy
- Have a current public indemnity insurance policy in place both for regular and long-term bookings.
- Occupy the premises only within the hire period, which does does not exceed 5 hours per week, in line with the LBSG commitment to keeping the hall open for community use.
- Agree to leave the premises as you found them.
The LBSG agree to provide the hirer with agreed facilities for the specified time, and;
- A key for the duration of hire
- Fire evacuation procedures, location of emergency exits and extinguishers.
- An emergency contact name and number
LBSG accepts no liability for any loss or damages to people or property brought on to the premises or for any consequential loss.
The charges for the hire of the hall are as follows:
- £20 per hour
- £15 per hour for block bookings (of more than 6 hours in total, for a maximum of six months at a time)
- £50 for three continuous hours
Charges and the lettings policy will be reviewed on an annual basis and hirers will be given at least six weeks’ notice of any changes in fees or conditions.
You agree to pay a Refundable deposit to cover rubbish clearance, minor damage and/or breakages/losses:
- £50 per booking for occasional hirers.
- Block Bookers to pay four sessions in advance (Minimum).
As a hall hirer you must:
- Take responsibility for the cost of any damage to the hall, premises or equipment.
- Give access to the LBSG to all parts of the building during the lettings if necessary, to check you are acting in a responsible and safe manner and complying with LBSG policies.
- Report accidental breakages and any damage at the earliest opportunity to the LBSG emergency contact or hall hire secretary. Failure to do this may result in your deposit being retained, or the cancellation of future block bookings.
The facilities should be left in a clean and tidy state, with all equipment cleaned and returned to its appropriate storage place. All doors and windows should be closed and locked.
Keys should be returned on time in accordance with instructions. In the event that keys are lost, the hirer must alert the hall hire secretary immediately and will be responsible for the cost of replacing keys or, if deemed necessary by the LBSG, replacing locks and cutting additional sets of keys to the premises to ensure security.
The duplication of keys to the premises is strictly prohibited and may result in a cancellation of all current and future bookings.
A set of keys will be issued to long-term hirers on the basis that access to the building is to be only during booked hours. In the event that long-term hirers are found to be accessing the building outside booked hours, the LBSG reserves the right to cancel further bookings with immediate effect.
Cancellations and complaints
The LBSG has the right to cancel any booking with immediate effect where the hirer is in breach of the bookings policy, or for reasons outside of their control.
The booking may be cancelled by either party, in writing with 7 days’ notice. Email notification to the administrator via email@example.com e-mail address is recommended. All bookings cancelled with less than 7 days’ notice are fully chargeable.
If after booking, the premises are subsequently deemed unsuitable for its purpose by the hirer the LBSG accepts no liability or responsibility for losses.
If a hirer has a complaint this should be raised with the hall hire secretary in the first instance. If the LBSG has a complaint about the hirer, this will be raised with the named contact for the hirer in the first instance. If a complaint is not resolved, it will be escalated to the LBSG Executive Committee to decide the appropriate action.
Aug 2022 v1.3